In my past blogs we've gone over How to submit Abuse Reports
and How to Report an Underage Deviant
. In this blog I'm going to give a breakdown of each category in the Copyright & Etiquette portion of our Support Center Contact page
.So why is filing reports or inquiries in the right category important?
Picking the right category ensures the right staff members are reviewing your ticket as soon as possible. Filing a ticket in the incorrect category requires that we escalate it to the correct team for review and this can potentially add time to the wait for a response. Take a quick look through the categories and pick the best one for your ticket. If you're still unsure, fear not! We'll go over the categories together. Alrighty then! So what are these categories? Policy Inquiry
This category is best used when you have questions regarding deviantART's official rules. It's also the best category to place any questions or concerns about any administrative actions taken on your deviations.
- "Hi deviantART staff! Does deviantART own the work I submit to my gallery?"
- "Hello, can you tell me why my deviation titled 'KagomexInuyasha' was removed?" Abuse Report
We've covered what an Abuse Report is here
. A quick recap would be that this category is for reporting unacceptable behavior you might believe to be in violation of our policies concerning etiquette. We understand deviations may be construed as 'abusive' from time to time but please do not report a deviation under this category. Deviations should always be reported using the "report deviation" button to ensure it's being sent to the correct staffers for review.
- "Hi. I blocked xxso-n-soxx and they created a new account to contact me again. Here's where they contacted me the first time and then with the new account. [link]" DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice
Copyright owners or their legal representatives should use this category to contact us for official claims of copyright infringement. Please keep in mind that this category is ONLY for the copyright owners or their reps. We cannot assist uninvolved 3rd party reports in this category.
- "This deviant [link] is posting my work without my permission. What information do you need to have it removed?" Account Ban Appeal
- "My account xxso-n-soxx was banned. Can you tell me why and if I can have my account back?" Spammer Reports
This category is just for reports about spamming behavior you might see or experience here on dA! If you're not sure what we define as "spamming" please see our FAQ on it here
- "This person 'xxso-n-soxx' was spamming the same link to offsite pornography over and over again on today's DDs. Here's a few links..." COPPA Report
We covered how to report underage members in a previous HQ blog here
. This category is JUST for reporting the underagers (under our required minimum age of 13 years old) you might find in our community. Keep in mind that we must have solid evidence of a deviant's age to take action against an underage deviant. We can't accept screenshots, chat logs, off-site profile pages and similar pieces of information. The best kind of evidence is covered in the blog link above!
- "This deviant is just 10 years old. They said so in a comment. [link]"Can't I just contact you directly or file a ticket in every category?
Our jobs here at dA are to help you out to the best of our abilities, of course! However, we have procedures that make our jobs here a little easier and ensure that all the information for each case is properly documented. Notes sent to our personal accounts don't have the ability to log information like the Support Center does.
Please don't flood the Support Center with a ton of copy and pasted reports either! This is completely unnecessary and creates more work for the staff and could add more time to your wait.
This is understandably a LOT of information to process! Don't be flustered by the oodles of categories to choose from. If you're still unsure as to which category would best suit your needs please don't hesitate to ask in a comment here! We'll do our best to point you in the right direction! y2jenn